Children & Families Team Leader
Mount Pleasant Baptist Church is seeking to employ a Children and Families Team Leader. This position will oversee the Children and Families ministry and its team (staff and volunteers) at both campuses of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills and the ability to lead a team in a collaborative way that cares for team members. They will be required to work closely in partnership with and be responsible to the Next Generations Pastor.
A teaching background or proven experience in Children’s Ministry is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic environment, as Mount Pleasant Baptist Church moves towards an increasingly intergenerational and collaborative model of church, partnering with families to pass on faith to the next generation.
Approximately 3 days per week
- A strong personal faith in Jesus and a great love for serving Him.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A heart for children.
- A passion to equip and empower families to disciple their children.
- Establish and nurture fantastic relationships with the children and parents of MPK.
- Work with the Next Generations Pastor on the vision and strategic outworking of the Children and Families ministry.
- Oversee the Children and Families staff team, delegating relevant tasks, while also caring for them and building them up.
- Oversee the care, development and training of MPK volunteers, both junior and adult helpers.
- Oversee the provision of an age-appropriate Christian education curriculum within MPK at both campuses.
- Work with the Next Generations Pastor towards an increasingly “orange approach” within MPK; i.e. Orange Sunday Mornings, Parenting courses and Parents Resource Centre. (‘Orange’ represents our commitment to partner with and empower parents in the discipleship process of children.)
- Work with the Next Generations Pastor to facilitate community amongst the families; i.e. Church family camps and family picnics.